CouldB Entertainment (“CouldB”) recognizes the importance of protecting the personal information of our Customers, our prospective customers, independent contractors and anyone else from whom we may collect personal information from time to time whether in the course of business or otherwise.
What We Mean By Personal Information? Personal information is any information in whatever form about an identifiable individual. However, it does not include:
- your name or information which would enable us to contact You at your place of employment including your name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email and business fax number unless you disclose that to us;
- personal information about You that is publicly available information such as information available from a public registry or contained in a telephone book;
- aggregated information that cannot be associated with You as a specific individual; and
- information which is not about a person but which is about a company, association or another organization.
- personal information which You voluntarily provide to us when You open an account, request music, create a log in, or subscription on our website (the "Website") or otherwise;
- we may collect information about any Content you submit or view, descriptions of the Content and other information which may be used for marketing purposes; and
How We Use Your Personal Information
CouldB uses the personal information of our Customers for the following purposes:
- To assist the independent contractor or sales person in finding the appropriate musical compositions for You;
- unless You choose to opt-out, CouldB may use information about your submissions and requests for music in marketing material (we will not use your name unless we obtain your prior approval), and may use your contact information to promote and market additional services, products and special offers from CouldB; and
Except where required or permitted to do so without your consent, CouldB only collects your personal information with your consent. In most cases, CouldB relies on express consent. However, where the purpose of the collection of personal information is obvious on its face, CouldB may rely on your implied consent.
In some cases, such as using your personal information for marketing our or other services to You, CouldB will rely on opt-out consent. (You will receive the information unless You advise us You do not wish to receive it.)
CouldB only collects personal information where it is necessary to provide the service which You are seeking and which we offer. We do not use deceptive or misleading practices to obtain your consent.
CouldB does not require You to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information as a condition of the supply of a service by us unless such collection, use or disclosure is required to fulfill the aforementioned purposes of collection.
CouldB reserves the right to collect, use or disclose personal information in certain limited circumstances, without your knowledge and consent, where required or permitted by law. Examples of this include:
- where it is clearly in your interests and your consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- in order to create aggregate information in order to identify Customer needs and trends, and to aid in the development of new services and products;
- where it is required, by law, to be disclosed to law enforcement and other government agencies;
- where it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with your consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding;
- where disclosure is for the purpose of complying with a subpoena, warrant or order issued or made by a Court; and
- where disclosure is required or authorized by law.
Access To Your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information in the possession or control of CouldB and to know how that personal information has been and is being used, and to whom it has been disclosed. CouldB reserves the right to refuse to comply with all or part of a request where we are required to or are permitted to refuse to do so by the provisions of applicable legislation.
Applications must be in writing and be sent to our privacy officer either by mail or email at the addresses set out below. Applications should have sufficient detail that allows us to identify You and the personal information You are requesting.
You may ask to have errors or omissions in your personal information in our possession or control corrected. If we are satisfied that the correction is reasonably necessary, we will correct the personal information and notify anyone to whom we have provided the personal information in the previous 12 months of the correction. If we are not satisfied that the correction should be made, we will annotate the personal information under our control of the correction requested but not made.
Requests for access and correction will usually be responded to within 30 calendar days of receiving the request. We charge $100 plus $.25 per page for providing You with copies of your personal information. In the event that it will take an unusually long time to collect your personal information, we may charge more. In each case, we will give You a full quote before photocopying the personal information. There is no charge for correcting personal information.
We will assist You with your request and will respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. Where we refuse all or part of your request, we will give You the reasons for the refusal and the applicable legislation on which we base our refusal; the name and contact information of someone within CouldB who can explain the basis for the refusal and of your right to apply for reconsideration.
How We Protect Personal Information
CouldB makes reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information relating to You is protected against loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modifying, disposal or similar risks. This protection applies in relation to personal information stored in both electronic and hard copy form and will vary depending on the sensitivity of the information.
Access to non-public personal information is restricted to selected employees, independent contractors, or representatives on a need-to-know basis. In addition, CouldB employs generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls and access control procedures in order to protect personal information against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modifying, disposal or similar risk.
Retention of Personal Information
CouldB retains personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Personal information which is collected and used to make a decision about You is retained for at least 1 year. Your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after termination of CouldBís relationship with You.
You may contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer 25876 The Old Road - Ste. 58
Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381
Should You be unhappy about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by CouldB, we ask that You discuss the matter further with our Privacy Officer.